Following the adoption of the decree by the Premier of Québec declaring on March 13 an emergency state of health throughout Québec, the Bureau de la sécurité privée ("BSP") set up a procedure online to be followed in view of this exceptional situation. Please take note of the instructions below that apply to your request.
Temporary licences in the event of a pandemic
Pursuant to section 17 of the Regulation respecting the application of the Private Security Act, the BSP would like to remind you that it is authorized to issue an individual a temporary agent's licence to carry on a private security activity in the specific case of a pandemic.
It should be noted that some easing has been introduced in order to respond to the emergency situation in Quebec. (See below for details on the temporary licence).
Furthermore, the BSP has decreed that any person who already holds a valid regular or temporary agent's licence, regardless of its category, may exceptionally and immediately, carry out a security activity on the Québec territory in the context of the current state of emergency.
For example, if you hold a valid licence as a regular investigation agent (or any other category), you can make a difference and offer your services for labour needs related to the pandemic.
To complete your application and send it online via the download link at the bottom of the page, we invite you to carefully read the instructions to follow and required documents on the form available for this purpose.
Please note that easing has been introduced in order to respond quickly to the emergency situation:
Your photo will be accepted if it is a colour picture on white background, front view, from shoulders to head, with the head uncovered. Due to this exceptional situation, it is not necessary to have your photo authenticated by your respondent (the respondent page included in the form must be completed by the respondent).
As this is an exceptional situation, any self-portrait picture (selfie) corresponding to the above-mentioned criteria will be accepted.
- Sending your request: You must send us your request electronically ONLY, and therefore through the appropriate download link (see below "Submitting your request").
- You must fill out and scan all pages of the application with the required documents, your photo and the completed payment sheet (only credit card payments will be accepted).
- All requests must be complete, otherwise they will not be processed and will NOT be redirected to you. An email will be sent to you informing you of this situation.
Please note that only applications sent electronically will be processed and that no applications will be accepted by mail or in person.
Thank you for your understanding and your precious collaboration!
You have completed the form for your application and have the required documents in hand? Here is how to submit your application to the BSP:
- Please scan your form with all your documents (including your photo) AND name the file to be submitted with your NAME, followed by your FIRST NAME;
Pay the fees relating to the type pf licence for which you are applying (see your form or the section “Fee Schedule”);
- Click on the following link to upload your scanned file and documents: https://web.tresorit.com/r#W1DtHvVvVkrTncQ-yIGGZg;
- Click on the "+" symbol to download your documents;
- Enter your email address in the box on the screen;
- Click on "Import" to send us your file;
- A confirmation of your request will be sent to you by email from the "TRESORIT" recipient (a secure document filing platform used by the BSP);
- Your request will be processed promptly. As soon as your request has been processed, an e-mail will be sent to you and you will then be able to consult the validity of your licence in the Register of licence holders on bspquebec.ca/Register. Exceptionally, no licence will be sent to you.
* WARNING! Remember to send us all your files in low resolution (low resolution photos and documents). A maximum of 100 scanned files per mailing is accepted.
Finally, the Bureau de la sécurité privée would like to thank each and every licence holder who is making a difference and coming to help with the growing need for manpower to ensure increased protection of the public in this time of crisis.
WARNING: Considering the exceptional emergency situation, as of today the BSP will no longer accept any applications by mail, courier or in person.
Last update: May 29, 2020 - 15:20