Ready to complete an application? You’re almost there.
1 – Complete the application form
Tips for properly completing the form:
- Carefully read all information on the form. It is there to guide you.
- Complete all sections of the form without exception.
- Complete all required appendices and any that apply to your business.
- The information provided must be complete, accurate, and legible.
- Make sure the form is signed by the representative and the appendices are signed by the appropriate parties, as indicated.
2 – Attach all required documents that are on the form’s “Checklist”
Tips for producing the required documents:
- Check off the documents listed on the form and attach them to the application.
- Send only copies of official documents.
- Copies of your documents must be clear and legible.
3 – Pay the required fees
Tips for making payment:
- Be sure to provide full payment.
- Use only the accepted payment methods listed on the form.
- Never send banking information by email or fax.
Remember: An incomplete application or incomplete documents will considerably delay processing. Your application could also be returned
4 – Submit your application
There are two ways to submit an application: by mail or in person at our office.
Caution! Applications received by fax or email will not be accepted.
Application processing time
Processing your application may take 6 weeks after it is received. Processing will take longer if your application is non-compliant.
Cancelling a licence application
If you change your mind while your agency licence application is being processed and want to cancel it, please complete the Cancellation of an Application for a Licence form and send it to us.
Go to the Refunds section for the rules regarding refunds.
Licence issue and inclusion in the Register
If your enterprise is issued an agency licence, it will remain in effect for 3 years, subject to compliance with the prescribed obligations.
The licence and any copies of it will be mailed to the attention of the representative so that it can be displayed in each of the agency’s places of business in Québec.
The following information on your agency will then be published in the Register of licence holders:
- Name of your business
- Number, class, and term of the licence
- Contact details for the head office and each place of business
- Name of the representative and his/her work contact details
- Operative part of any decisions made concerning the licence