Have you read the preceding section and are now ready to complete an application? You are almost there.
- Agent Licence Application form
- Application for an immediate superior agent licence form (without right to practice)
- Temporary Licence Application form
Tips for properly completing the form:
- Read all information on the form carefully. It is there to guide you.
- Complete all sections of the form without exception.
- The information provided must be complete, accurate and legible.
- Be sure to sign your form and enter the date in the area and in the manner indicated.
Tips for producing the required documents:
- Check off the documents listed on the form and attach them to your application.
- Send only copies of official documents.
- Copies of your documents must be clear and legible.
Tips for making payment:
- Be sure to provide full payment.
- Use only the accepted payment methods listed on the form.
- Never send your banking information by email or fax.
- Note that the payables fees are non-refundable.
An incomplete application or incomplete documents will considerably delay processing. Your application could also be returned.
By mail or at our office :
Le Bureau de la sécurité privée
1611 Crémazie Boulevard East, Suite 500
Montréal (QC) H2M 2P2
Alternatively, you can contact our information department for a secure link to upload your documents.
If you change your mind while your licence application is being processed and want to cancel it, please complete the Cancellation of an Application for a Licence form and send it to us by fax, mail or submit it in person at our office. However, note that no fees shall be refund.
If you are issued an agent licence subject to compliance with your obligations, it will be valid for:
- 5 years for a regular licence
- 5 years for a licence without right to practise
- The period designated on your licence (up to 120 days) for a temporary licence
Your licence will be mailed to your home address.
The following information about you will then be published in the Register of licence holders:
- Your first and last name
- Number, class and term of you licence
- Name of your private security employer(s)
- Operative part of any decisions made concerning your licence
Caution! Some exceptions apply to agents with a licence in:
You can ask BSP not to publish information about you in the Register if you demonstrate that publishing it would be likely to hinder your activities and pose a serious threat to your safety.
To submit a request, complete the Application for an Exemption of Publication on the Register of Licence Holders.
- Transport of valuables
Given the nature of and the risks associated with your duties, you will automatically be exempt from having your information published in the Register without being required to complete an application for security reasons.
Please note that agencies cannot obtain an exemption from being listed in the Register; only licenced agents can do so. Consequently, if you are an agency representative, your first and last name as well as the address of your place of work will appear in the Register under the agency’s information. Therefore if you want to preserve all your confidential information, you must not work as an agency representative.